Saturday 14 September 2013

Comfort vs. Style

The biggest debate to conclude my week of starting college is to dress or not to dress for the darn unpredictable Irish weather, along with the conscious decision of whether your outfit will make a fashionable first impression (mine certainly didn't).

My first day of sticking out a day of being a newbie was Wednesday. I wore an orange jersey dress from Penneys, black tights, black hoody, and a clear beaded jewel necklace. Trying to cater for both weather AND fashion purposes ended up in a mediocre, and shameful outfit. The whole hoody and dress combo makes me shriek, yet I always seem to end up in the same thing in order to shield me from the ever impending weather.

Come Thursday, I stepped it up a gear. Neon leopard print skirt, white roll up tee, same black hoody, and some black & pink neon jewelled earrings. You could question whether I was a confused hipster, or was about to be issued an asbo, but let's not go there.

Finally Friday? Well let's just say I learnt my lesson by the third day and went full steam ahead comfort wise. Leggings and a baggy top. I really really pushed the fashion stakes, you know. My only excuse is that I was catching a 2 and a half hour bus back to Wexford after college and leggings meant I could run after said bus if I was late. (I have a habit of getting on the wrong bus, or being late, or getting off at the wrong stop, basically buses are not my friend)

Come rain sleet snow, and catching the wrong Dublin Bus, I shall be dressing for comfort when trekking it to college. So for future reference, no pain no fashion gain.



Stay tuned for Top 10 Pieces to get you through Autumn Winter.... COMFORTABLY & WEATHER PERMITTING.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the EXACT SAME! I always end up dressing with the weather in mind! Cool post! :)

    Lily x

    www.latestlil.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete